New Login Process for SAM.gov Coming June 29th
Date/Time: June 29, 2018
Details: To further increase security and deter fraud, SAM.gov is partnering with Login.gov to implement multi-factor authentication for all registered SAM.gov users.
To create the Login.gov user account, you need to:
1. know the email address associated with your SAM.gov username and password
2. have access to that email to receive a confirmation email from Login.gov, and
3. have a working phone (cell phone or landline) to receive a security code from Login.gov.
Please share with your teams the following information:
· Before June 29th – Make sure you know the email address associated with your current SAM.gov user account (after June 29th, the SAM.gov username and password won’t work and you won’t be able to find the email information without contacting the Federal Service Desk)
· Review the FAQs located at https://www.gsa.gov/samupdate.
SBA is also communicating via email to several groups of SAM.gov users, and plans to send the attached emails beginning this week to:
· Group 1: Entities with registrations expiring between now and July 31, 2018
· Group 2: Users with system accounts and data access roles
· Group 3: Federal users (those with data access roles, roles with Federal entities, and those with email-based access to FOUO data)
As always, for no-cost assistance with SAM.gov, and for all of your contracting needs, contact your local PTAC Procurement Specialist.
(Remember, you do not have to pay anyone anything to register in SAM.gov!)